Dr. Jeff Cole has a proven record of leadership--building and ensuring equity, opportunity, and due process for everyone. As a former Trustee of AESD, he continues to unite Anaheim.
Anaheim deserves better than leaders who name call, slander, and divide residents. This city is sharply divided. As a Trustee and two term President of the Anaheim Elementary School Distric Board of Education, I have worked with the parents, residents, business interests, and community leaders to improve the education of our youth. We have come together and transformed the Anaheim Elementary School District. Just eight years ago, many schools were in disrepair and academic programs were being cut, diminishing opportunity for students left parents in doubt about the promise of our schools. Today we see the result of excellent board leadership, supported by the community pulling together and turning AESD around. We recently cut over 13 million dollars from our budget, while cutting class size and retaining critical staff. We are an inclusive district that maintains high academic standards, while fostering a welcoming school climate for all students. We put kids first and implemented student-centered reform. We are:
- The only district in Orange County with a music program at every school. Students are given instruments at no cost to parents.
- The only district in Orange County to have computer science or programming as part of the instructional day at all sites.
- One of the few districts to have a full day TK (transitional kindergarten) program district-wide.
- Recognized by the California Association of Bilingual Education as a leader in world languages and we have Dual Language Immersion at six schools sites with plans to expand.
- One of few districts to have passed three bonds totaling over 500 million dollars and finished all construction projects to date on time and on budget.
- Leader in low class size. AESD has 24 students per class, which is superior to most districts.
- One of the highest paying districts in the state of California for new teachers.
- A district with a high staff retention rate and a leader in nationally board certified teachers.
The Story of One Anaheim is about us!
The problems in Anaheim are rooted in divisive solutions to police leadership, homelessness, conflicts with the business community, public safety, and city management. The articles below reflect this divisiveness. It's time to bring Anaheim back together.
|Huge waste build-up on Santa Ana river might force out homeless|
|File Size:||1779 kb|